by Dr Vaid Ji on Aug 29, 2023
Amenorrhea is the condition in which absence of menstruation, often defined as missing one or more menstrual periods. There are two kinds of amenorrhea – Primary amenorrhea and Secondary amenorrhea.
- Primary amenorrhea- it refers to the absence of menstruation in someone who has not had a period by age 15. The most causes of primary amenorrhea relates to hormone levels.
- Secondary amenorrhea refers to the absence of three or more periods in a row by someone who has had periods in past. Pregnancy is the most common cause of secondary amenorrhea although; problems with hormonal imbalance also can cause secondary amenorrhea.
Causes of Amenorrhea
During the normal course of your life, you may experience amenorrhea for natural reasons such as
- Lifestyle factors - Low body weight, excessive exercise , stress, woman who have an eating disorder such as anorexia often stop having periods because these abnormal changes .
Common causes of Primary amenorrhea:
Hormonal issues stemming from problems with your brain or pituitary gland.
- Chromosomal or ,genetic problems that affect your reproductive system, such as Turner syndrome
Causes of secondary amenorrhea: when you miss your periods for three or more months after previously having a normal period. Common cause includes-
- Some birth control methods, such as intrauterine devices (IUD), birth control pills
- Previous uterine surgery with scarring
- Chemotherapy and radiation therapy for cancer
- Poor nutrition
- Extreme exercise routines
- Weight changes, extreme weight loss or gain
The following medications also cause secondary amenorrhea:
- Pituitary disorders, such as benign pituitary tumor or excessive production of prolactin
- Primary ovarian insufficiency, when your ovaries stop working before age 40
- Hypothalamic amenorrhea, a condition where amenorrhea occurs due to an issue with your hypothalamus
- Hormonal imbalances as a result of conditions like polycystic ovary
- Ovarian tumors
- Ongoing illness or chronic illness like kidney disease or inflammatory bowel disease
- Hormonal imbalance –many types of medical problems can cause hormonal imbalance such as:
- PCOS- causes relatively high and sustained levels of hormones, rather than the fluctuating levels seen in the normal menstrual cycle.
-Depending on the cause of amenorrhea. You might experience other signs and symptoms along with the absence of periods,
- Hair loss
- Milky nipple discharge
- Vision changes
- Excess facial hair
- Pelvic pain
- Hot flashes
Factors that may increase your risk of amenorrhea-
History of certain gynecologic procedures
Infertility and problems with pregnancy
Osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease
Management of amenorrhea according to Ayurveda-
In Ayurveda amenorrhea known as Anartava which means the absence of Artava It is an condition which is mentioned in Stree Roga Chikitsa another name also there as Nashta artava.Whwn digestion is impaired by vata or kapha or both instead healthy nutrient plasma, Ama or toxins are produced . Ama accumulates in the weaker channels of the body. when toxins accumulate in the Rasavahi srotas , Artavahi srotas or Purishvaha srotas , the flow of menstruation stops, which can lead to amenorrhea.
Some of important herbs for amenorrhea
Yoga Postures for Amenorrhea
AMENORRHEA GO KIT
ALL PRODUCTS DESCRIPTION IN DETAIL:1. Immuno up Powder
Immuno up powder is pure herbal formulation. The importance of working on your immunity is now on an all-time high. If a person fall ill easily, it means their body’s immunity is low. This pacifies tridosha (Vata, pitta and Kapha), strengthen your immunity, keeps your digestive system fit and also detox your body. it also works in cold, fever and flu conditions. It consists of effective levels of antioxidants, Vitamin C and E which circulate in the body to protect it against the damage caused by free radicals. it is a natural immune-modulator properties to prevent and ease coughing, sneezing, etc. It provides quick relief from early signs of running nose, Sore throat, body pains, and weakness.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 Sachet twice daily with normal water.
2. Femine care tablet
It is a pure and natural remedy that contains various herbs extract that works on the female reproductive system and make it healthy. These tablets show antioxidant properties, anti inflammatory and immuno modulater properties. It contains Ghritkumari , Muramakki, Sonth. It works in various diseases like pcod, bulky uterus, endometriosis, general female health, irregular menses, and uterine fibroids. It affects on Tridosha- balances Vata and Kapha.
DOSE – 1-2 tablets two times a day or as directed by physician.
3. Women Power Plus Tablet
CAC woman power tablet is a complete health supplement for women which is best for female health and vital energy. It helps to build up the immunity. This is a pure herbo mineral product of the best quality herbs. The herbs used are Ashoka, Shatavari, anatmool, etc. These are herbs used since ancient times to maintain female health metabolism.
DOSE – Take 2 tablet twice a day or as directed by physician.
4. Women Champion Syrup
Woman Champion is purely herbal and ayurvedic formulation. It is a very effective tonic for women and help to maintain their health. It balances all the doshas of body and also maintain hormone levels . It contains herbs like Lodhra, Manjishta, Ashok chaal, Punarnava,Shatavar,Bala,Daruharidra,Nagarmotha that help women typically with mood changes, stress, headache and pain. CAC Women champion helps in leading a life of minimum discomfort during those difficult days every month.
Recommended Dosage : Take 2 tablespoon a day or as directed by physician.
5. Panchsakar Churna
This churna is very effective for acidity patients as it shows antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, laxative, & analgesic properties. It is a classical herbal churna prepared from ingredients like Shatapushpa,Balaharitaki, Shunthi, Swarnapatri, & Saindhav lavana. It helps in removing all toxins
from the body & provides good results in Amenorrhea.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 teaspoonful at bedtime with warm water.