GOKSHURA (Tribulus terrestris)
by Dr Vaid Ji on Oct 26, 2023
ABOUT THE HERB :
- Gokshura, also known by its scientific name Tribulus terrestris, is a small flowering plant that is native to many regions around the world, including parts of Europe, Asia, and Africa. It has been used for centuries in various traditional medicine systems, such as Ayurveda and traditional Chinese medicine, for its potential health benefits.
- Gokshura is a low-growing, herbaceous plant that typically reaches a height of about 1 to 2 feet (30 to 60 centimeters). It has small, yellow flowers with five petals and spiky fruits covered in sharp thorns, which give it the nickname "puncture vine."
PROPERTIES OF GOKSHURA :
In Ayurveda, Gokshura is known for its various medicinal properties and has been used to address a range of health issues.
- It is an aphrodisiac and is used to enhance libido and sexual function.
- It has diuretic properties
- It has hypotensive (blood pressure lowering) property
- It has anti-microbial quality
- It has anti-cancer quality
- It has anti-aging effect
- It has anti-obesity property
- It has anti-hairfall property.
- It has anti-oxidant property
- It has an anti- inflammatory property.
BENEFITS OF GOKSHURA :
- Libido Enhancement: Gokshura is often used as an aphrodisiac and is believed to help improve sexual function and desire.
- Anti-Inflammatory: It has anti-inflammatory properties and may be used to alleviate conditions involving inflammation.
- Antioxidant: Gokshura contains antioxidants that help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- Urinary Health: It's used to support urinary tract health and can potentially help with urinary problems.
- Hormonal Balance: Gokshura has a positive impact on hormone levels, particularly testosterone, which may be of interest to athletes and bodybuilders.
- Cardiovascular Health: Some studies suggest that it has benefits for heart health, potentially by reducing cholesterol levels.
- Immune System Support: It boost the immune system due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Muscle Building: It's used as a natural supplement to enhance muscle growth and athletic performance.
- Testosterone Support: Gokshura help regulate testosterone levels, which boost muscle mass and athletic performance.
HOW GOKSHURA HELPS IN OLIGOZOOSPERMIA ?
- Gokshurahas Madhura rasa (sweet), Guru and Snigdha guna (unctuous and heavy quality), Sheeta Virya (Cold in Potency), Vrishya (Aphrodisiac), Rasayana (Rejuvinator), Brimhana (Nourishing therapy), and VatapittaharaVatapittahara Karma does the Samprapti Vightatana in the Kshina Shukra, as it is a Vata and Pitta-predominant disease. However, Madhura Rasa, Snigdha, and Guru Guna increase the Shukra Dhatu qualitatively and quantitatively. Gokshura is known for its utility in Mutravaha Srotas, by correction of the Apana Vata, it exerts action on the Shukra also, along the lines similar to how Shukra Visarga is goverened by Apana Vata.
- Tribulus terrestriscontains three groups of active phytochemicals. They are Dioscin, protodioscin, and diosgenin. Protodioscin is a potent natural precursor of the testosterone enhancer. It also increases the production of Testosterone in another natural way. Tribulus leads to the production of the luteinizing hormone (LH). When the LH levels are increased, the natural production of testosterone also increases. LH is a hormone that also deals with sex drive. LH has been used to increase fertility and helps to relieve impotence.
BENEFITS OF GOKSHURA CAPSULES :
- Cardiac disorders
- Erectile dysfunction
- Premature ejaculation
- Ulcerative colitis
- Chest pain
- Enlarged prostate
- Urinary calculi
- Abdominal Colic
- Abdominal bloating
- Urinary obstruction
- Enhances digestion
- Rheumatic pain
- Take two capsules twice daily.