by Dr Vaid Ji on Sep 30, 2023
Losing hair can be upsetting for many people; their hair is important part of who they are. There are different reasons behind hair fall .Many people experience increase hair fall in the rainy season, which is mainly because of the increase in humidity and moisture and fungal infections during monsoon can lead to hair fall and various other hair problems.
Causes of Hair fall-
Generally first rain is considered to be the acid rain or if it has rained after a long gap, the chemicals suspended from the hair can damage your hair
- Using dryer for drying your wet hair can also be one of the major reasons for hair fall
- Medical issues like stomach upset, sore throat, PCOD, thyroid can lead to hair fall
- Genetics – if your family has a history of hair fall it may be something you cannot avoid
- Hormonal imbalances such as caused by pregnancy, menopause, and thyroid disorders can lead to hair fall
- Stress can cause hair fall by affecting the growth cycle of your hair.
- Poor diet – a diet lacking in minerals and essential fatty acids can lead to hair fall
- Medications such as blood thinners, birth control pills and antidepressants can cause hair fall.
- Age – as we age our hair naturally becomes thinner and more prone to breakage.
- Lack of sleep, it affect your hair health and lead to hair fall
- Weather – extreme weather conditions such as harsh sunlight, and cold winds dry out your hair and it lead to breakage.
Management of hair fall according to Ayurveda-
In ayurveda hair fall is caused by the buildup of the doshas in your body, which leads to inflammation of the hyair follicles,this causes hair fall. If vata dosha imbalances it can lead to dryness , split ends, frizziness, hair thinning and hair fall.if pitta dosha imbalance in the body it causes premature greying, hair thinning, baldness and aggrevated kapha dosha make your hair sticky and extremely oil which also lead to wet and sticky flakes.
Panchkarma for hair growth-
Foods can help you reduce hair fall and promote growth-
- Leafy vegetables
- You can apply a paste of besan , coconut water and lemon , besan , amla, reetha and shikakai
- Soak fenugreek seeds overnight in rice water, grind in the morning and apply the paste to your scalp
- Regular scalp massage with ayurvedic oils
- Cleansing scalp, do not let your scalp remain dry for r too long. Shirolepa hair pack can help there
- Take some time off and take deep breaths during times of stress, Ashwagandha can help you distress.
- Bhringraj extremely beneficial for uplifting hair health, it promotes hair growth and prevents premature greying
- Onion juice helps to prevent hair breakage and thinning
- Shikakai - it has antifungal and antibacterial properties, it soothe itchy or irritated scalp
- Adho mukho savasana
Hair Care Kit
It is used in various kind of hair related issues like Baldness, Graying of hairs etc. It contains very good herbs that work on your hair and roots of hair in your scalp. It makes your hair shiny and thick. The herbs used for formulation of this oil shows antioxidant, anti-dandruff, anti-inflammatory properties. This product is herbal and natural formula for maintaining hair health. It is used in Hairball, graying of hair, dandruff, dry scalp, thinning of hairs, baldness, alopecia and loss of lusterless.
Method of usage– Apply it on wet hair, massage into a rich lather for 2-3 minutes and rinse properly with water.
2. Hair Live Tablet
Hair Live Tablet is formulated with ingredients like Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Dhatry Loha (Purified iron), & Shud Gandhak (Purified sulphur). This herbal kit is formulated to take care of all the hair problems. It is an amazing combination of various natural herbs which can be beneficial for both male and female hair problems. It provides nourishment to the hair from the root level, repairs broken, splinted and damaged hair. This kit gives a natural strength and smooth texture.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice a day with normal water.
3. Hair Live Oil
It is used in various kinds of hair related issues like Baldness, Greying of hairs etc. It contains very good herbs that work on your hair and roots of hair in your scalp. It makes your hair shiny and thick. The herbs used for formulation of this oil shows antioxidant, anti-dandruff, anti-inflammatory properties. This product is herbal and natural formula for maintaining hair health.Til oil (Sesamum indicum) Almond oil (Prunus dulcis) Jotishmati oil (Celastrus paniculatus) Amla (Embelia officinale) Bhringraj (Eclipta Alba), etc
Method of usage – Gently massage your hair once or as per requirement