by Dr Vaid Ji on Oct 30, 2023
Tonsillitis is a common condition that affects the tonsils, which are two small, gland-like structures located at the back of the throat. These structures play a crucial role in the immune system, as they help trap and fight off bacteria and viruses that enter the body through the mouth and throat
Tonsillitis is an inflammation of the tonsils, which can be either acute or chronic. Acute tonsillitis is often caused by viral or bacterial infections and typically resolves within a few days to a couple of weeks. Chronic tonsillitis, on the other hand, is a recurring or persistent inflammation of the tonsils and may require more extended treatment.
Tonsillitis can be caused by various factors:
- Infections: The most common cause of tonsillitis is infections, primarily viral or bacterial. Streptococcus bacteria (group A) is a common bacterial culprit, leading to strep throat.
- Viruses: Viruses such as the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), adenovirus, or influenza can also lead to tonsillitis.
- Environmental Factors: Allergies and exposure to environmental irritants like tobacco smoke can contribute to chronic tonsillitis.
Several risk factors make individuals more susceptible to tonsillitis:
- Age: Tonsillitis is most common in children and teenagers, although it can affect people of all ages.
- Close Contact: Being in close contact with someone who has a viral or bacterial infection increases the risk of acquiring tonsillitis.
- Weak Immune System: A weakened immune system due to illness or other factors makes the body more vulnerable to infections.
- Recurrent Infections: Frequent exposure to infections can lead to chronic tonsillitis.
The symptoms of tonsillitis can vary in severity and may include:
- Sore Throat: A persistent, painful throat is a common symptom.
- Difficulty Swallowing: Swallowing may be painful or difficult due to inflamed tonsils.
- Fever: High body temperature often accompanies tonsillitis, especially in bacterial cases.
- Enlarged Tonsils: The tonsils may appear red and swollen.
- White or Yellow Patches: Bacterial tonsillitis can lead to the formation of white or yellow patches on the tonsils.
- Headache and Earache: These symptoms are common in tonsillitis cases.
- Bad Breath: Foul-smelling breath can result from tonsillitis.
Preventing tonsillitis involves various strategies:
- Hand Hygiene: Regular handwashing can reduce the risk of infection transmission.
- Avoid Close Contact: Stay away from individuals with contagious infections.
- Healthy Lifestyle: A balanced diet and adequate rest support a strong immune system.
- Avoid Smoking: Avoid exposure to tobacco smoke, which can irritate the tonsils.
- Immunizations: Vaccinations can protect against certain viral infections that may lead to tonsillitis.
Ayurveda, an ancient Indian system of medicine, offers holistic approaches to manage tonsillitis:
- Diet: Ayurveda recommends warm, soothing foods such as soups, herbal teas, and honey to ease throat discomfort.
- Herbal Remedies: Ayurvedic herbs like Triphala, Guggul, and Tulsi are used for their anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties.
- Gargling: Saltwater gargles with warm water help reduce inflammation and pain.
- Steam Inhalation: Inhaling steam with added eucalyptus oil can provide relief from congestion and discomfort.
- Yoga and Pranayama: Certain yoga postures and breathing exercises can improve overall well-being and respiratory health.
- Ayurvedic Consultation: Consultation with an Ayurvedic practitioner is essential for a personalized treatment plan tailored to individual doshas and needs.
TONSILITIS CARE KIT
Chandigarh Ayurved center gives a purely natural and herbal remedy for the treatment of tonsillitis. CAC Tonsilitis care kit consists of 5 medicines – kapha powder, cough go tablets, giloy capsules, triphala syrup and amrit tulsi ras. The medicines are 100% safe and purely authentic ayurvedic formulations.
Cough powder of Chandigarh Ayurved Centre is safe and made up of all natural herbs. The herbs &
minerals used for preparation of this churna has properties like antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, expectorant, digestive, and immuno-modulatory. It is composed of ingredients like Talisadi Churna, Abharak Bhasam, Godanti Bhasam, Laxmi Vilas Ras, Yashti Madhu Churna, Tankan Bhasam, Kaph Ketu Ras. It provide relief in conditions like blocked nose, remove extra phlegm, chest congestion, cough, cold and sore throat.
Dosage: 1 sachet twice daily with Luke warm water 30 mins after meal.
2. Cough Go Tablet
CAC cough go tablet is composed of pure herbs and minerals , without any additives, chemicals, fillers and color. It helps to balance the kapha doshas. It shows effective results in cough due to chronic reasons, common cold, and other respiratory diseases . it is also helpful in Seasonal Allergy, Bronchial Asthma, Bronchitis. It not only cure the symptoms but treats the root cause of diseases. It build up the immunity of the person. It contains pure herbal ingredients like Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Pippali (Piper longum), Kali mirch (Piper nigrum), Laxmi vilas rasa, Tankan bhasam etc. These ingredients contain natural Kapha doshahar properties and help in curing all respiratory diseases and diseases related to Kapha dosha.
Dosage: Take 1 650 mg tablet twice daily with plain water 30 mins after meal.
3. Giloy Capsules
It is a pure herbal formulation. Giloy is known as Amrita which means immortality. So due to its abundant properties giloy is termed as Amrita. We can use it as powder, syrup, tablets and capsules. Capsules of giloy are 100% safe and effective in nature. It is known as best Rasayan of ayurveda that help to Rejuvenate your body . It has anti oxidant, anti bacterial, anti fungal and anti microbial properties. it boost up immune system of the body and helps to treat any kind o infections. It plays an important role in respiratory disorders.
Dosage: Take 1 cap twice daily after meal with plain water.
4. Triphla Syrup
It is pure herbal combination of three ayurvedic herbs Bibhitaki, Haritaki and Amla. It will cure the problem at root level and help you live a healthy and active life. it has various fuctions like purification of blood, build up immunity, remove toxins from body, balances all the three doshas of body and works in all respiratory ailments. remove extra phlegm, chest congestion, cough, cold and sore throat. it has anti inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. It is free from any chemicals, additives, colors and fillers.
Dosage: 2 tsp twice daily before or after meal as recommended by physician.
5. Amrit Tulsi Ras
Amrit tulsi ras is an herbal combination in droplet form prepared from five types of Tulsi named Shama Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum), Rama Tulsi (Ocimum gratissium), Kapoor Tulsi (Ocimum canum), Shwet Tulsi (Ocimum basilicum), Nimba Tulsi (Ocimum citriodorum) that provides good result in all allergic reactions. The properties of tulsi are known by every common person around. it has great anti- oxidant, antiseptic, antipyretic, anti-inflammatory and anti microbial properties. So it works against infection causing organism. It is useful in tonsillitis, bronchitis, nasal congestion, asthma, andother respiratory ailments.
Dosage: Take two to three drops twice daily.