TOP 7 NATURAL REMEDIES THAT PROVIDE RELIEF IN VARICOSE VEINS
by Dr Vaid Ji on Jan 24, 2024
Varicose Veins Definition:
Varicose veins are enlarged, twisted veins that usually appear dark blue or purple and often bulge from the surface of the skin. They most commonly occur in the legs and are caused by weakened or damaged valves in the veins. These valves normally help blood flow upward from the legs toward the heart, but when they malfunction, blood can pool in the veins, causing them to enlarge.
Causes of Varicose Veins:
- Genetic Predisposition: A family history of varicose veins can increase the likelihood of developing the condition.
- Age: The risk of varicose veins tends to increase with age as the veins lose elasticity and valve function.
- Gender: Women are more prone to varicose veins, particularly during pregnancy and hormonal changes.
- Pregnancy: The increased pressure on the veins in the pelvic area during pregnancy can contribute to the development of varicose veins.
- Obesity: Excess weight puts additional pressure on the veins, increasing the risk of varicose veins.
- Prolonged Standing or Sitting: Jobs or activities that involve long periods of standing or sitting may contribute to the development of varicose veins.
- Inactive Lifestyle: Lack of physical activity can impair blood circulation and increase the risk of varicose veins.
Symptoms of Varicose Veins:
- Visible, Enlarged Veins: Twisted, bulging veins that are visible just beneath the surface of the skin, usually in the legs.
- Aching or Pain: Aching or pain in the legs, especially after prolonged standing or sitting.
- Swelling: Swelling in the ankles and feet, especially after long periods of sitting or standing.
- Heaviness or Fatigue: Feeling of heaviness or fatigue in the legs.
- Itching or Rash: Itching or rash around the affected veins.
- Discoloration: Skin discoloration around the veins, often appearing brown or blue.
Complications: In severe cases, varicose veins can lead to complications such as skin ulcers or blood clots.
TOP 7 NATURAL REMEDIES FOR VARICOSE VEINS-
Here are seven Ayurvedic remedies that are commonly considered for supporting varicose veins:
- Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica):
Gotu Kola is known for its potential to strengthen veins and improve blood circulation. It may be consumed as a supplement or applied topically in the form of creams or oils.
Triphala, a combination of three fruits (Amalaki, Bibhitaki, Haritaki), is valued in Ayurveda for its detoxifying properties. It is believed to support overall circulatory health.
- Horse Chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum):
Horse Chestnut seeds are traditionally used in Ayurveda to address venous insufficiency and improve blood flow. Extracts or supplements are common forms of consumption.
- Dietary Modifications:
Include foods rich in bioflavonoids, such as citrus fruits, berries, and leafy greens, which may support vein health.
- Ginger and Turmeric:
These anti-inflammatory herbs can be included in the diet to help reduce inflammation and promote circulation.
- Massage with Ayurvedic Oils:
Massaging the affected areas with Ayurvedic oils, such as Mahanarayan oil, may help improve circulation and reduce discomfort.
- Leg Elevation and Exercise:
Regular exercise, particularly activities that promote circulation like walking or swimming, can be beneficial. Elevating the legs periodically during the day may also help reduce swelling.
Management of Varicose Vein According to Ayurveda-
Varicose Vein Go Kit
ALL PRODUCTS DESCRIPTION IN DETAIL:
- Detox Premium Powder:
This is the herbal formulation that consists of sudhyog tablet, shwet parpati, yavakshaar, akik pishti, jahar mohra, giloy satav, shukta pishti, etc. Intake of this wonderful remedy will balance the aggravated doshas and cleanse your body by removing the toxins from the body, as it also unblocks the passage and allows the blood to freely pass from the passage.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
- Kanchnaar Guggulu:
Kanchnaar guggulu is the best ayurvedic medicine widely used in wound healing, reduces the pressure of blood, swelling, etc. The tablet is very beneficial in calming the imbalance of Vata dosha thus relieving the pain, reduces the level of blood urea naturally.
Recommended Dosage – Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.
- Trikatu Syrup:
This herbal syrup contains equal proportions of three spices with a pungent taste – Black pepper (Piper nigrum), Pippali (Piper longum), and Ginger (Zingiber officinale). It is the best syrup to normalize the Tridosha and helps in the elimination of toxins, increases the appetite, and improves digestion. This syrup has a carminative and expectorant effect that helps to ease the symptoms of varicose vein.
Recommended Dosage – Take 2 teaspoonfuls thrice daily.
- Trikatu Tablet:
Trikatu tablets are composed of three natural herbs – Ginger (Zingiber officinale), Black pepper (Piper nigrum), Pippali (Piper longum) that improves the blood circulation by correcting the obstructed passage. It is beneficial in the detoxification of the blood. These tablets also provide strength to muscles and resolve the obstruction in the veins and arteries channels.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
- Varicose Vein Tablet:
CAC Varicose vein is an herbal supplement which maintains healthy blood circulation. it helps to maintain healthy veins and other blood vessels as well. Enlarged, swollen, and twisting veins, often appearing blue or dark purple are known as varicose veins. They occur when blood flow in the wrong direction due to faulty valves. These are large, swollen veins that often appear on the legs and feet. The veins usually do not need any treatment but if there is considerable discomfort or swelling, aching, and painful legs result, treatment is available. Ayurvedic and panchakarma treatment do wonders in varicose veins.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily.
- Panchsakar Churna:
This churna is very effective for varicose vein patients as it shows antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, laxative, and analgesic properties. It is a classical herbal churna prepared from ingredients like Shatapushpa, Balaharitaki, Shunthi, Swarnapatri, & Saindhav lavana. It helps in removing all toxins from the body and provides good results to patients of varicose vein.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 teaspoonful at bedtime with warm water.