by Dr Vaid Ji on Dec 07, 2023
Due to unhealthy eating and no physical activity this acid reflux is causing. Acidity is a commonly causing due to excessive production of acid by the stomach which flows back to the food pipe and cause burning sensation.
- Lack of physical activities
- Irregular and poor eating habits
- Eating spicy and oily foods
- Smoking and use of tobacco products
- Resting or lying down right after a meal
- Intake of more alcohol, carbonated drinks, coffee, and tea
- Apart from food items, medicines including ibuprofen, aspirin also cause acidity.
- Bad Breath
- Stomach ulcers
- Excessive vomiting
- Sour taste in the mouth
- Difficulty swallowing
- Burning sensation in the stomach and throat.
- Severe pain in the chest or abdomen
Risk factors of acidity
Bulging of top of stomach (hiatus hernia)
Delayed stomach emptying
Connective tissue disorder such as scleroderma
Narrowing of the esophagus ( esophageal stricture)
An open sore in the esophagus (esophageal ulcer)
Precancerous changes to the esophagus (Barrett's esophagus)
In Ayurvedic textbooks there is description about a disease named as amlapitta.
Causes of amlapitta according to Ayurveda
- Taking viruddha ahara which is incompatible food combinations according to Ayurveda.
- Eating contaminated foods
- Eating sour foods.
- Taking foods which promotes burning sensation.
- Taking foods and drinks which aggravates Pitta like takra or buttermilk and sura or alcohol etc.
- Eating excessive food.
- All these factors aggravate Pitta dosha and causes the problem of amlapitta.
Signs and symptoms of amlapitta :
- Fatigue and tiredness
- Water brash in mouth
- Burps with sour or bitter taste in mouth
- Heaviness in the body
- Burning sensation in throat
This ayurvedic treatment for acidity involves balancing the doshas particularly pitta dosha ,which is associated with heat and digestion in ayurveda.
Here are some ayurvedic recommendations to manage acidity :
Dietary Guidelines :
Cooling foods : Include foods with cooling properties,such as cucumber ,watermelon, and mint.
Avoid spicy and sour foods:
Limit or avoid spicy ,sour, and acidic foods that can be aggrevate pitta
Herbal teas :
Drink herbal teas with properties like licorice fennel , or coriander.
Amla (indian gooseberry)
Known for its cooling and digestive properties.
Coriander:coriander seeds or fresh coriander juice can beneficial.
Haritaki : Used for its digestive and detoxifying effects.
Fennel seeds: Chew on fennel seeds after meals to aid digestion and reduce acidity.
Coconut Water: A natural coolant , coconut water can help alleviate acidity.
Aloevera juice :Aloevera has cooling properties and soothe the digestive tract .
Yoga and Pranayam:
Practice gentle yoga poses, especially those that focus on digestive system.
Incorporate pranayam ( breathing exercises) like Sheetali and Nadi shodhana to cool the body.
Life style Modifications:
Meal timing: Eat regular, small meals and avoid heavy meals close to bedtime.
Hytdration : stay adequately hydrated with room temprature or cool water.
CAC MEDICATONS FOR ACIDITY:
- AGNIMUKHA CHURNA- It gives effective results in indigestion, anorexia, abdominal pain, constipation, loss of appetite, flatulence, bloating, intestinal gas, intestinal gas, etc.
- PURAN PACHAK- reduce the Acidity and shows Antacid, Digestive, Anti-inflammatory, Analgesic, Expectorant, and Antioxidant properties.
- PANCHSAKAR CHURNA- It helps n cramps.
- LIVER CARE TABLET– These herbs balances excess Pitta Dosha and helps in problems like abdominal bloating ,flatulence, abdominal pain, loss of appetite and indigestion.
- PITTA BALANCE TABLET– Pitta doshas is composed of a fire element that digests almost everything that a person eats or drink.removing all toxins from the body & provides good results in acidity.
- SHEET DHARA SYRUP– naturally relieve the symptoms like bloating, blenching, nausea, vomiting, feeling of discomfort, etc. The regular use of this herbal syrup neutralizes the high acid content, reduce abdominal pain, &