by Dr Vaid Ji on Sep 21, 2023
The symptoms of allergy vary from person to person. In some persons, they are mild and in others, they can be life-threatening. The allergies can be managed with medications and taking precautionary measures but they cannot be completely cured.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF ALLERGIES?
Allergies are of different types. Some allergies occur in a particular season whereas other occurs throughout the year. Following are the various types of allergies:
- Food allergy
- Drug allergy
- Pollen allergy
- Insect allergy
- Latex allergy
- Pet allergy
- Mold allergy
- Gluten allergy
Causes of allergy
An allergy is the exaggerated response of immune system of body. It starts producing antibodies for non-harmful substances. This leads to manifestation of signs of inflammation in the affected body part. When a person gets exposed to the allergen again, then same symptoms are produced. Histamine is the main chemical which is released by the immune system during an allergic response.
Some of the common agents which are responsible for allergy are:
- Airborne allergens like animal dander, pollens, dust mites, molds, etc
- Insect stings such as wasp, bee, etc
- Certain medicines like antibiotics, sulfur based medicines, etc
- Foods like wheat, peanuts, eggs, milk, soya, etc
Signs and symptoms of Allergy-
The symptoms of allergy depend on the allergic agent and the part of body affected like respiratory airways, skin, digestive tract, etc. They range from mold to severe. The most severe allergic reaction is known as anaphylaxis.
Following are the common signs and symptoms of allergy:
- Running nose
- Stuffed nose
- Itching of eyes, nose, etc.
- Watery eyes
- Swelling of lips, face, tongue or face
- Tingling sensation in mouth
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness
- Swelling on the sting site
- Skin peeling
- Loss of consciousness
- Sudden drop in blood pressure
- Feeble pulse
Following are the complications which are associated with allergy:
- Infection of ears
- Infection of respiratory tract
- Inflammation of sinus
HOW THE DIAGNOSIS OF ALLERGY IS DONE?
The doctor will ask about the signs and symptoms of the disease. Doctor will take family history of patient to know the genetic predisposition towards the disease. He will ask about the triggers which lead to onset of symptoms of allergy. Doctor will suggest some of the following tests to the patient:
- Skin test
- Blood tests to know IgE levels
Management of allergy according to ayurveda-
Allergies occur when three doshas are in imbalanced condition. When your doshas are not at their optimal levels then allergic reactions aggravate making body unable to expel the accumulated toxins due to a weakened immune system. When allergy continues for a prolonged period, the allergy becomes a chronic condition.
Ayurvedic herbs –
- Matsya asana
ALLERGY CARE KIT
1. Detox Premium PowderThe powder is very beneficial to cure any body pain as it removes excess toxins from the body and balances the aggravated pitta and vata dosha. It consists of several herbs and bhasmas such as shukta pishti, giloy satv, parwal pishti, kamdudha rasa, moti pishti, gandhak rasayan, akik pishti, etc. The ingredients help in reducing swelling, redness, shrinkage of tear lining in the anus, burning sensation, etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take one sachet twice daily.
2. Nerve up tabletNerve up tablets help in balancing the vata doshas. It reduces kapha dosha, and acts as nervine stimulant. It shows effective results in improving the central nervous system. It contains natural ingredients like shudha kuchala, shudha shilajeet, praval pishti, shankh bhasma etc. This tablet helps in the symptoms related to Allergy.
Recommended Dosage– Take 1 tablet twice daily.
3. Curcumin CapsuleCurcumin Capsule helps in pacifying all three doshas. Curcumin Capsule is beneficial for variety of skin conditions like Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis, and Dermatitis. This Capsule contains standardized extract of the herb Curcumin (Curcuma longa). Curcumin is the active ingredient in Turmeric having powerful Anti-inflammatory, Antibacterial, Antifungal, Anti-microbial and Antioxidant properties.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 capsules twice daily.
4. Amrit Tulsi RasThis herbal preparation is in drops form prepared from five types of Tulsi. Shama Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum), Rama Tulsi (Ocimum gratissimum), Kapoor Tulsi (Ocimum canum), Shwet Tulsi (Ocimum basilicum), Nimba Tulsi (Ocimum citriodorum) that provides good result in all allergic reactions.
Recommended Dosage: Take two to three drops twice daily.
5. Immuno Booster TabletIt is a pure herbal combination that helps to build up immunity. It consists of effective levels of antioxidants. vitamin C and E circulate in the body to protect it against the damage caused by free radicals. It has natural immunity-boosting properties to prevent and ease cough, cold, headache, and infections. it provides quick relief from early signs of running nose, itching throat, body ache, and weakness.
Recommended Dosage– Take 1 tablet twice daily.