by Dr Vaid Ji on Nov 02, 2023
Bedwetting is a common condition, especially in children, where they urinate during sleep at an age when bladder control is typically expected.
- Genetics: Family history can play a role.
- Delayed Development: Some children may develop bladder control later than others
- Hormonal Imbalance: A hormone called vasopressin, which reduces urine production at night, might not be produced adequately.
- Emotional Stress: Emotional factors can contribute.
- Small Bladder: In some cases, the bladder's capacity may be smaller than average.
Signs and Symptoms:
- Recurrent bedwetting, typically at night
- Stress or embarrassment in children who wet the bed
- Age: Bedwetting is more common in younger children.
- Family History: It's more likely if other family members had it.
- Gender: Boys are more often affected than girls.
- Limit Fluids: Reduce the amount your child drinks before bedtime.
- Regular Toilet Visits: Encourage your child to use the toilet before bedtime.
- Bedwetting Alarms: These can help children become more aware of their need to urinate.
- Reward System: Positive reinforcement for dry nights can motivate children.
MANAGEMENT OF BEDWETTING ACCORDING TO AYUERVED-
In Ayurveda, the management of bedwetting (Mootradosha or Enuresis) typically involves a holistic approach that aims to balance the doshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha) and address the underlying causes.
Dosha Balancing: Ayurvedic treatments are often aimed at balancing the Vata dosha, which is associated with urinary system function. This can be done through dietary and lifestyle modifications.
- Dietary Recommendations:
- Include warm, nourishing, and easily digestible foods in the diet.
- Avoid cold, dry, and spicy foods, as they can aggravate Vata.
- Encourage foods like rice, wheat, ghee, and soups.
- Herbal Remedies: Ayurveda offers various herbal remedies to address enuresis:
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris): This herb is known for its diuretic and rejuvenating properties.
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus): It can help soothe the urinary system.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): Known for its adaptogenic properties, it can help reduce stress and anxiety.
- Abhyanga (Oil Massage): Regular oil massages with warm sesame oil can help calm Vata dosha and promote relaxation.
- Balancing Lifestyle: Encourage a regular daily routine with adequate sleep, exercise, and relaxation.
- Yoga and Pranayama: Certain yoga poses and pranayama (breathing exercises) can help reduce stress and anxiety, which may be contributing to bedwetting.
- Bedtime Routine: Establish a calming bedtime routine, which may include drinking a small amount of warm milk with honey, and ensuring the child empties their bladder before sleep.
- Psychological Support: Provide emotional support and understanding to the child to reduce any stress or anxiety related to bedwetting.
MANAGEMENT OF BED WETTING ACCORDING TO AYURVED-
Bed Wetting Care Kit
- Immuno up Powder
Immuno up powder is pure herbal formulation. The importance of working on your immunity is now on an all-time high. If a person falls ill easily, it means their body’s immunity is low. This pacifies tridosha (Vata, pitta and Kapha), strengthens your immunity, keeps your digestive system fit and also detoxes your body. it also works in cold, fever and flu conditions. It consists of effective levels of antioxidants, Vitamin C and E which circulate in the body to protect it against the damage caused by free radicals. It is a natural immune-modulator properties to prevent and ease coughing, sneezing, etc. It provides quick relief from early signs of running nose, Sore throat, body pains, and weakness.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 Sachet twice daily with normal water.
- Nerve up tablet
These tablets are pure ayurvedic formulation. Nerve up tablets help in balancing the vata doshas and kapha dosha. It acts as nervine stimulant. It shows effective results in improving the central nervous system. It contains natural ingredients like shudha kuchala, shudha shilajeet, praval pishti, shankh bhasma etc. This tablet helps in Backache, knee pain, headache, bronchitis, depression.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily.
- Mann Mitra tablet
Mann Mitra tablet is herbal and purely ayurvedic medicine. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment for psychiatric conditions and help to balance all the three doshas of body i.e vata, pitta, kapha. CAC Mann Mitra tablet improves intelligence and speech problems. It is helpful for making the nervous system strong and nerves as well. It contains various herbs like Bala, Vacha, Shankhpushpi, Nagkeshar etc that help you fight insomnia, anxiety, and stress. It works as an antioxidant, anti-depressant, immuno booster, anti-epileptic and as neuro protective drug.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily.
- Liver care Syrup:
Liver Care syrup helps in balancing Pitta dosha. This Syrup enhances regeneration of liver cells, promote functions of liver, and improve blood flow from the liver. It helps in the treatment of fatty liver, liver cirrhosis, Hepatitis, hepatomegaly, and obstructive Jaundice. CAC Liver Care syrup contains Ingredients like Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Kutaki(Picrorhiza kurroa), Bhumi amla( phyllanthus niruri), Giloy(Tinopora Cordifolia), Yavakshar( Hordeum vulgare), Imli Kshar( Tamarindus indica), Mukta Shukta pisti etc. These herbs show Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, Hepato-protective, properties. This syrup improves digestion, enhances appetite.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 teaspoonfuls twice daily.