by Dr Vaid Ji on Oct 18, 2023
- Blemishes are imperfections or marks on the skin, typically caused by various factors such as acne, pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, scars or discoloration.
- They can appear on the face, neck, chest, back or other parts of the body and may vary in size and severity. Blemishes are a common concern in skincare and can be treated or managed with various products and treatments.
Blemishes can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Acne: One of the most common causes of blemishes is acne, which occurs when hair follicles become clogged with oil and dead skin cells. This can lead to the formation of pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads.
- Hormonal Changes: Hormonal fluctuations, often experienced during puberty, pregnancy, or menstruation, can trigger blemishes. Hormones can increase oil production in the skin.
- Genetics: Your genetics can play a role in your susceptibility to blemishes. If your parents had a history of acne, you may be more likely to develop blemishes as well.
- Poor Skin Care: Not maintaining a proper skincare routine, including cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing, can contribute to the development of blemishes.
- Diet: Some studies suggest that certain foods, like those high in sugar or dairy, may worsen blemishes in some individuals, although this varies from person to person.
- Stress: High levels of stress can lead to increased oil production and inflammation in the skin, potentially causing blemishes.
- Environmental Factors: Exposure to pollution, humidity, and certain skincare products or makeup can clog pores and lead to blemishes.
- Infections: Bacterial infections can cause blemishes, especially when hair follicles become infected, leading to pustules and cysts.
- Scratching or Picking: Habitually scratching, picking, or squeezing blemishes can worsen their appearance and lead to scarring.
- Allergies or Irritants: Some individuals may be sensitive to certain skincare products or ingredients, which can cause skin irritation and blemishes.
Blemishes are typically characterized by visible changes in the skin's appearance. Common symptoms of blemishes include:
- Scarring: Blemishes can leave behind scars, which can be in the form of indentations or raised areas on the skin.
- Redness and Inflammation: Blemishes often cause redness and inflammation in the affected area of the skin.
- Discoloration: After blemishes heal, they may leave behind dark spots or hyperpigmentation in the affected area.
- Itching or Irritation: Blemishes can sometimes be accompanied by itching or irritation of the skin.
There are several types of blemishes, each with distinct characteristics. Some common types of blemishes include:
- Acne: Acne is a broad term that encompasses various types of blemishes, including:
- Pimples: Raised, often red or pink bumps with pus at the top.
- Blackheads: Dark or black spots caused by clogged hair follicles.
- Whiteheads: Closed come dones with a white or flesh-colored appearance.
- Pustules: Inflamed, pus-filled bumps.
- Cysts: Larger, deep, painful lumps filled with pus.
- Scars: Blemishes resulting from the healing of wounds, including acne scars which can be in the form of indentations or raised areas on the skin.
- Hyperpigmentation: Dark spots or patches on the skin, often as a result of previous blemishes or sun exposure.
- Hypopigmentation: Light or white spots on the skin, which may occur after skin damage or inflammation.
- Freckles: Small, flat, tan or brown spots on the skin, often genetic and related to sun exposure.
- Age Spots: Flat, dark spots that typically appear as people age, also known as liver spots or sun spots.
- Melasma: Patches of dark pigmentation that often occur due to hormonal changes, like during pregnancy.
- Rosacea: A skin condition that can cause redness, visible blood vessels, and sometimes pimples or pustules on the face.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF BLEMISHES
- to Ayurveda, if there is any disturbance occurring in our Tridosha (Vata, Pitta, Kapha) it will result in the formation of various diseases.
- In case of blemishes, Bhrajak pitta, which is the subtype of pitta dosha , is responsible for all types of skin diseases. Bhrajak pitta is responsible for imparting texture, color, complexion to the skin. If Bhrajak pitta remains balanced it contributes towards the health of skin and its appendages.
- DEEPAN-PACHAN – it is a very essential process before any purification process. Ama pachan takes place and doshas become nirama which is essential for their evacuation.
- SNEHAPAN – with Mahatiktak ghrita.
- ABHYANGA and SWEDAN- Abhyanga is detoxifying and benefits both the skin and deeper tissues of the body. Swedana cleanses the sweat glands and promotes healthy circulation.
- VAMAN – Vaman clears body channels which improve body nourishment. It expels toxins present in Rasadi dhatus.
- MAHAMANJISTHYADI KWATHA
- KAISHOR GUGGUL
- MANIBHADRA GUDA
- NAGARMOTHA CHOORNA
- Increase the intake of water to about 8-10 glasses per day, as it will be very beneficial in removing the excess toxins from the body.
- Try to avoid constipation by taking fibre rich diet and plenty of fluids.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables regularly.
- Increase the intake of herbs that provide a cooling effect on the body like Black grapes, Giloy, Amla, Fennel, etc.
- Wash your face with herbal soap and face wash.
- Wash your hands once you wake up and use clean towels and handkerchiefs daily.
- Do some exercises and yoga regularly. Exercise boosts blood circulation and promotes sweating, which helps in opening the pores, reduces the formation of acne, blemishes, etc. Also, physical activity helps us reduce stress levels, which in turn aid blemishes prevention.
- Avoid soft drinks, bread, ice-creams, sugar, etc. Continuing intake of these products might result in the disturbances of Doshas and lead to dark circles, loose skin, acne, papules, blemishes, wrinkles, etc.
CAC TREATMENT FOR BLEMISHES
BLEMISHES GO KIT
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre’s ” Blemish Go Kit” is purely herbal and Ayurvedic formulation without any side-effects. The kit contain :
- Detox Premium Powder
- Skin Glow Kadha
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Blood Purifier
- Twak Tailam
- Skin Care Tablet
- Panchtikta Ghrita Guggul
- Detox Premium Powder:
Detox premium powder is a very effective ayurvedic medicine to cure blemishes as it purifies the whole body by removing excess toxins from the body. The powder is composed of shukta pishti, giloy satv, gandhak rasayan, moti pishti, akik pishti, shankh bhasma, etc. The ingredient reduces all the signs and symptoms associated with the blemishes.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
- Skin Glow Kadha:
Skin glow kadha is an Ayurvedic proprietary that gives the best result in the treatment of acne, blemishes, rashes, and other common skin problems. The decoction is composed of dalchini, giloy, tulsi, chirata, haldi, mahaguni, bahera, etc. The ingredients have anti-aging properties and act as natural astringent that provides freshness to the skin, helps in improving the skin texture, restores the skin balance and naturally improves the quality of the skin.
Recommended Dosage – Take 20 ml twice daily with an equal amount of water.
- Blood Purifier Syrup:
It is ayurvedic syrup that consists of various natural ingredients such as Khadir Chall (Acacia catechu), Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), Harad (Terminalia bellirica), Baheda (Terminalia chebula), Amla (Emblica officinalis), etc. As the syrup purifies the blood by removing excess toxins it is very beneficial in maintaining proper circulation and improves the skin naturally.
Recommended Dosage – Take 2 teaspoonful twice daily.
- Aloe Vera Gel:
Aloe Vera herb is well known for its medicinal properties and has multiple benefits in case of skin problems. The gel is made up of pure extract of aloe vera that has a mixture of rose petals in it. The gel has anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial properties and also provides a coolant effect to the skin.
Method of Application – Gently apply over the affected area of the skin.
- Twak Tailam:
Twak tailam is very effective for the skin as it deeply nourishes the tissues and improves the skin luster. The tailam is composed of yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra), manjistha (Rubia cordifolia), etc. The tailam supports skin health, helps in reducing uneven pigments, improves complexion, and helps in deep detoxification and blood purification without any side effects.
Method of Application – Apply over the affected area of the skin.
- Skin care tablet:
Skin care tablet is a pure ayurvedic formulation. It help to maintain the texture of your skin depending on the type of skin you have. It contains various herbs like Haridra khand, Panchnimb churna, Khadir chhal, Chirayta, Mulethi, Chopchini, Gandhak, Ajmoda that work very effectively on all skin types. Skin care is a blood purifying tablet. It cools and detoxifies the blood, increase blood circulation of the skin. It minimizes the blemishes, lighten sun tan, delay ageing of skin and heal skin problems.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily.
- Panchatikta ghrita guggulu:
This tablet contains pure herbal ingredients such as Nimba (Azadirachta indica), Patola (Cucumis acutangulus), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), Vasa (Adhatoda vasica), etc. these herbs shows Antioxidant, Anti-rheumatic, Anti-inflammatory, Analgesic, antipruritic, neuro-protective properties. This tablet is effective in Indigestion, blood purification, blemishes, scars, asthma, and gout.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily.