by Dr Vaid Ji on Oct 18, 2023
- Sjogren's syndrome is a disease associated with the immune system. It is an autoimmune condition, which means that your immune system mistakenly attacks other parts of your body. This happens when white blood cells go to the salivary glands, tear glands and other exocrine tissues and affect them, which leads to a decrease in the production of tears and saliva in our body.
- Due to this disease, there is dryness in the mouth, eyes, skin, nose, vagina or upper respiratory tract. Not only this, other parts of the body like joints, lungs, kidneys etc. are also damaged by this.
- The problem of Sjogren's syndrome is more commonly seen in women and this disease starts only after the age of 40 years. The disease is sometimes associated with other diseases such as arthritis and lupus.
- The causes of Sjogren's syndrome are not known exactly. According to studies, viral or bacterial infection can be the cause of this disease.
- However, its main causes are genetic and environmental. The nervous system, endocrine or hormone-producing systems may also be thought to cause Sjogren's syndrome.
- An environmental factor can also alter the immune system and cause immune problems later, such as infection with hepatitis C or Epstein-Barr virus.
- Women have more of this problem than men. It is believed that this is due to the hormones of women.
- Menopause can also be a reason for this. Some studies suggest that estrogen protects against Sjogren's and that falling levels of the hormone may alter immune function and make the condition worse.
- There is no cure for Sjogren's syndrome. But, by treating the dryness of the affected organs, the problems caused by this disease can be relieved.
- Age - The risk of developing Sjogren's syndrome is higher after the age of 40.
- Gender - Women are more likely to have this problem than men.
- Rheumatic disease - People who have rheumatic disease like arthritis. They also have a higher risk of getting this disease.
- Family History - It is also believed that if someone in your family has this disease, then you are more likely to get this disease.
The symptoms of Sjogren's syndrome are:
- Dry eyes - There may be burning, itching in the eyes.
- Dry mouth - It may feel like you have cotton in your mouth. Along with this, there is a problem in swallowing and even speaking.
- Joint pain, swelling and stiffness
- Swollen salivary glands – especially behind the jaw and in front of the ears
- Skin rashes and dry skin
- Vaginal dryness
- Persistent dry cough
- Chronic fatigue
- Continue Reading
- Drink more fluids, especially water.
- Chew sugarless gum or use hard candies to moisten your mouth.
- Use artificial tears and ointment regularly to keep your eyes moist
- Use a saline spray for your nose.
- Install a humidifier to help reduce dryness of the eyes, nose, mouth, and skin.
- Don't smoke and don't drink alcohol.
AYURVEDIC MANAGEMENT OF SJOGREN’S SYNDROME
- In Ayurveda symptoms of an eye disease known as 'Shushka Akshipaka' are similar to that of Sjogren’s syndrome. It can be broken into two words, 'Shushka' means 'Dry', and 'Paka' means 'inflammation' of eyes. It comes under the Sarvagata Netra Roga which is a Vata/Vata-Pitta dominant vyadhi. It also leads to derangement of metabolism and tissues of the body.
- Deepan pachana - Deepana-Pachana should be performed before any treatment to acquire niramavastha of doshas. It helps to eliminate Ama from the abdomen.
Virechan - Virechan is the process of eliminating vitiated doshas (mostly pitta) from the lower gastrointestinal tract via the anal pathway. This procedure provides clarity to mind, strengthens sense organs, stability to tissues, etc.
Basti - It is the process of administering medications in suspension form through the rectum using basti yantra. By virtue of the drug's virya, it draws the doshas or mala from all over the body, from the foot to the head.
- Seka - In this application, the medication is poured continuously from four inches above the closed eye (on the eyelids) for a specified duration determined by the dosha.
- Aschyotan - It is a process in which medicinal drops are delivered into the open eye from a height of two inches. It is the first-line therapy for all eye diseases.
- Akshi tarpana - It is a treatment in which the eye is filled with medicinal oil or ghee for a set amount of time. It nourishes the eyes and treats the Vata-Pitta Vikara.
- Nasya - It is a medicinal method in which medication is infused in the nostrils in the form of drops. This medication is quite successful in treating a variety of Urdhavjatrugata-related disorders.
- Anjana - The anjana shalaka (rod) is used to apply medication to the inside surface of the lid margin from Kaneenaka sandhi (inner canthus of eye) to Apanga sandhi (outer canthus of eye).
CAC TREATMENT OF SJOGREN’S SYNDROME
SJOGREN’S SYNDROME CARE KIT
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre made the specialized kit that is very beneficial as it contains pure herbs that are free from side effects and cure this condition of its root cause. The kit has a total of 6 products – Ras raj ras, Kapha detox powder, Ekangveer rasa, Trikatu syrup, Pain-o-kill oil, and Vaat nashik vati.
ALL PRODUCTS DESCRIPTION IN DETAIL:
- Cough go tablets:
CAC Cough Go Tablet is a herbo-mineral tablet of size 650 MG and is a purely ayurvedic formulation. CAC Cough Go tablets help in balancing the kapha dosha. It shows effective results in Chronic Cough, common cold, and all respiratory diseases along with Seasonal Allergy, Bronchitis, Bronchial Asthma. It helps to treat root cause and also increase immunity of the person. It’s not only symptomatic
treatment but heals your body naturally. It contains pure herbal ingredients like Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Pippali (Piper longum), Kali mirch (Piper nigrum), Laxmi vilas rasa, Abhrak bhasam, Tankan bhasam etc. These ingredients contain natural Kapha doshahar properties and help in curing all respiratory diseases and symptoms like dry eyes and mouth.
DOSAGE: Take one tablet twice a day with normal water.
- Nerve Up:
It is pure herbo-mineral formulation which helps to balance the vata dosha. It act as nervine stimulator and also reduces Kapha doshas. It mainly acts on central nervous system. It contains natural ingredients like Shudha kuchala, Shudha shilajeet, Praval pishti, Shankh bhasma etc. These contains natural Vatahar properties and helps in curing vata diseases. It speeds up physical and mental processes. It helps in painful joints, stiffness , inflammation, swelling and general weakness.
Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water after meal.
- Trikatu syrup:
Trikatu syrup is pure ayurvedic formulation comprises of mainly three herbs such as Pippali (Piper longum), Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), &; Marich (Piper nigrum). the main function of trikatu syrup is that it removes excess of Kapha doshas and supports the respiratory system, help to reduce body weight and hence detoxifies the body. it has anti-inflammatory , analgesic and antioxidant properties. It boosts metabolism and helps to reduce inflammation of the body. Helps to fight against infections, and improve the body’s energy levels It is free from chemicals, additives, colors and fillers.
Dosage: 2 tsp twice daily before a meal.
- Detox Premium Powder
The sachet includes all the natural ingredients which help to detoxify the body and maintain the natural luster and glow in the skin. This herbal sachet contain various ingredients mentioned below:
- Parwal Pishti – It is an Ayurvedic medication based on Coral Calcium. Parwal pishti acts as an anti-inflammatory. It prevents from sunburn and pricking sensation in the skin after burning, etc.
- Shukta Pishti – It is prepared from the pearl oyster shell. Shukta Pishti is used in acne and skin allergy. It mainly helps to remove the patches.
- Giloy Satva – Giloy satva is ayurvedic preparation that reduces the signs of aging, dark spots, pimples, etc.
- Tal Sindoor –It purifies the blood which in turns treats the skin disorders. Tal Sindoor shows an anti – allergic properties and also used in skin irritation, itching, and improves the health of the skin.
- Gandhak Rasayana– This is a classical preparation used in itching, burning sensation, urticaria, eczema, scabies, pimples, etc.
- Kamdudha Rasa – Kamdudha Ras is an herbal-mineral ayurvedic classical medicine having SHEETA VIRYA properties. It is used in burning sensation, excessive sweating, hot flashes, heat sensation, etc.
- Sudh Yog Powder -It helps to remove patches, acne. Sudh Yog Powder helps in nourishing and moisturizing the skin. This powder promotes detoxification and rejuvenation. It helps in engender vibrant, which makes the skin healthy.
- Jahar Mohra Pishti – Jahar mohra pishti is an Ayurvedic mineral based formulation. In Ayurveda, it mainly works on pitta dosha. The main work of Jahar Mohra Pishti is to detoxify the body and maintain the luster on the face.
Recommended Dosage –Take 1 Sachet twice a day with normal water.
- Pain-o-kill syrup:
This is a herbal oil that helps in reducing pain, inflammation, stiffness, & swelling, tenderness of the joints. The oil is composed of Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), Erand (Ricinus communis), Kapoor (Camphora officinalis), Til taila (Sesame indicum), etc. The ingredients have anti-inflammatory, analgesic properties that are very effective to ease the signs and symptoms.
Method of application – Apply the oil over the affected area once or twice daily.
- Rasayan Vati:
It is a pure herbal formulation which is free from chemicals, additives, colors, and fillers. It consist of Ashwagandha, Shilajeet, Amla, Kesar, Musli, Shatavari, Brahmi, Abhrak Bhasam, Swarn Makshik Bhasam, Yashad Bhasam, Mukta pisti, Praval pisti, Jaiphal, Vang Bhasam, Dalchini, Javitri, Gokhru, Kaunch Beej, Shilajeet, Saunth, Mirch, Pippali, Manjistha, Anant Mool, etc. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, and immunomodulator properties. It helps to balance all three doshas and Brahmi present in it helps to increase brain functioning. Rasayan vati acts as a health tonic, memory tonic, and it is effective in general debility and nerve weakness.
Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water after meal.
- Anu Tail:
Anu tail is herbo mineral and purely ayurvedic formulation. It is used for ayurvedic treatment procedure known as Nasya treatment in most of the disease involving Ear, Nose and Throat involving pain. It has Tridosha balancing properties but mainly help to balance your Kapha dosha that cause Headache, running Nose or Sinusitis. It strengthens Ear, Eyes, Nose, Tongue and Throat.
Dosage: Put 2 drops twice daily in nostril.
- Kanth Sudharak Vati:
Kantha Sudharak Vati is a pure herbal formulation of CAC which provides a soothing effect and acts as an expectorant herb that gives relief in throat problems. It reduces the stickiness due to Kapha doshas in the oral cavity and removes bad breath. It is herbal combination without any added chemical, preservatives and fillers.Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water after meal.