by Dr Vaid Ji on Sep 21, 2023
Hypertension or high blood pressure is a common medical condition where there is increased blood pressure in the arteries. In Hypertension the force of the blood pushing against the artery wall is consistently too high and the heart has to work harder to pump blood. Generally hypertension is considered when blood pressure reading is of 130/80 mm Hg or higher.
American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association categorizes Blood pressure as:
- Normal Blood Pressure: The blood pressure is 120/80 mm of Hg or lower.
- Elevated Blood Pressure: The above number varies from 120 to 129 mm Hg and the below number is not above 80 mm of Hg.
- Stage 1 hypertension: The above number ranges from 130 to 139 mm of Hg or the number below varies from 80 to 89 mm of Hg.
- Stage 2 hypertension: The above number is 140 mm Hg or higher or the bottom number is 90 mm Hg or higher.
When the blood pressure is above 180/120 mm of Hg it is called as Hypertensive Emergency. Untreated Hypertension is considered to increase the risk of heart attack and stroke. So, it's important to have your blood pressure checked more frequently along with inculcating healthy lifestyle habits like not smoking, exercising and eating well. Healthy diet and regular exercise is very important for maintaining good health and to avoid lifestyle disorders like hypertension.
CAUSES OF HYPERTENSION
Hypertension is caused due to numerous factors. Following are the different causes of high blood pressure:
- With increasing age, the wear and tear of blood vessels increases
- Females are more prone in comparison to males
- Having a family history of hypertension
- Lack of physical exercise
- Being overweight
- Excessive intake of oily and junk food
- Cigarette smoking
- Chewing tobacco
- Eating too much salt
- Alcohol abuse
- Suffering from diabetes
- Kidney problems
- Congenital heart defects
- Tumors of adrenal gland
- Certain medications like painkillers, contraceptive pills, etc
- Drug abuse
- Hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF HYPERTENSION
Commonly there are not much sign and symptoms seen even at higher blood pressure levels. But, sometimes in constant high blood pressure or in sudden blood pressure increase these below mentioned common sign and symptoms can be seen:
- Pain in head
- Bleeding through nose
- Difficulty in breathing
- Chest pain
- Blurred vision
- Mental confusion
- Buzzing sound in ears
- Heart palpitations
COMPLICATIONS OF HYPERTENSION
Some of the complications which are associated with hypertension when it is not diagnosed and managed at time are:
- Heart attack
- Irregular heart beats
- Heart failure
- Kidney damage
DIAGNOSIS OF HYPERTENSION
The doctor will ask about the signs and symptoms of the disease to the patient. He will take his family history. He will do his physical examination with the help of stethoscope. He will suggest some of the following tests to the patient for the evaluation of the disease:
- Blood tests
- Urine test
- Holter test
HOW AYURVEDA HELPS IN HYERTENSION?
According to ayurveda hypertension can be associated with Raktagata Vata. The vitiated vata becomes trapped in the flowing Rakta Dhatu and there is disruption thus caused.
So, the Ayurvedic approach emphasizes on understanding the underlying cause and then suggesting panchkarma therapies and herbal formulations which pacify the aggravated doshas and eliminates the diseased consitions of body from its roots. Certain herbs and ayurvedic formulation like brahmi and praval pishti are known to have good modulatory effect on hypertyension. They also have similar ewffect in hypotension.
CHANDIGARH AYURVED CENTRE’S MEDICATIONS FOR THE TREATMENT OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre’s ” Hypertension Care Kit” is purely herbal and Ayurvedic formulations. The medications have cardio-protective and anti-oxidant properties thus helps to manage Hypertension without any side-effects. The kit contains :
- Brain Relaxant Churan
- Stress Care Tablet
- Blood Pressure Balance Tablet
ALL PRODUCTS DESCRIPTION IN DETAIL:
1. Brain Relaxant ChuranBrain relaxant churna is a herbal and purely ayurvedic formulation. It is 100% natural and pure. It is prepared from herbs that show calming effect on brainand gives you relaxation. It contains various herbs like Amla, Sonth, Pippali, Marich, Haldi, Bala, SuddhaGandhak, Lauhbhasma etc. that are Stress buster and provide you relief from anxiety. Herbs present in CAC Brain relaxant churna shows antioxidant, Neuroprotective, carminative and anti inflammatory properties
Recommended Dosage:1 teaspoon twice a day with hot milk.
2. Stress care tabletIt is an amazing combination of natural herbs like Sarpgandha, Brahmi, Tagar, jatamansi. It helps to relieve stress conditions. They help to pacify the nervous system and also helps to increase the mental and physical performance. Maintain stress level,Provide strength to the nervous system, Good in neurological problems, Works in anxiety, loneliness, insomnia, sleep, Memory loss, and Palpitations. In Ayurveda when there is an imbalance of three energies i.e. vata, pitta and Kapha, it leads to disease. Vata has a sub dosha named pranadoshas which regulates the sensory perception, brain, and mind. TarpakKapha subtype of kapha, governs cerebrospinal fluid, sadhak pitta subtype of pitta doshas governs emotions and their impact on the heart. So any vitiation of these doshas leads to stress.
Recommended Dosage:Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
3. Blood Pressure Balance TabletBlood pressure balance kit is herbal and purely ayurvedic formulation. It basically balance all the three doshas of body and maintain blood pressure levels within normal limits. Improve the circulation of blood from heart and make the heart walls strong by providing them strength. It contains various herbs like Rudraksh , Sarpagandha, Ashwagandha, Arjuna and Brahmi that all works on the power of heart pumping the blood to various organs. It act as antioxidant, anti hypertensive, antiinflammatory and immuno modulator.
Recommended Dosage:Take 2 tablet twice daily with normal water.